Packaging scripts for frameworks

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Dec 30 10:26:37 UTC 2013

On Sunday 29 December 2013 21:09:51 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I think you should create a kf5.0 branch in the repo, that way you can kill
> the pack_l10n.sh and put the correct branches in the modules.git file, etc.

Well there's no l10n in TP1, but I assume there will be in the final KF 5.0
release, some frameworks have translatable strings (e.g. kio).

I can branch it if you prefer, I just thought, since this is the "master" in
the future (it's already the master branch of all frameworks), maybe we can
avoid some merging fun by doing such changes (like the diff I pasted here) in
master.

It's different for the list of modules indeed. I was thinking about not
committing that, but indeed it's easier for someone else to take over if I
commit the stuff. Either in a separate file (that has to be copied over
modules.git), or in a separate branch indeed. As you prefer.

> Yep. Also we usually do the tarballing, give them to packagers and then only
> tag on release (which is a few days later) in case we need to redo the
> tarballs, so pack and tag should be different.

Agreed.