Packaging scripts for frameworks
Albert Astals Cid
aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 21 14:59:30 UTC 2013
El Dissabte, 21 de desembre de 2013, a les 13:11:25, Kevin Ottens va escriure:
> On Saturday 21 December 2013 12:38:17 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > How should we proceed about this?
> > Easy pasrt: tarball + repo tag.
> > Then you need to find a place to set it up in the download server.
> > I think we should put the stable ones in
> > http://download.kde.org/stable/ and the others in
> > http://download.kde.org/unstable/.
> > But which kind of subpaths do you want?
> > frameworks/$frameworkName/allReleasesInHere?
> > $frameworkName/allReleasesInHere?
> > I'd go for the first, otherwise the number of folders in the "root" is
> > going to explode.
> Agreed... or...
> (frameworks/5.0 would contain karchive-5.0.tar.bz2 and friends)
We do that for the SC, i.e. http://download.kde.org/stable/4.12.0/src/
The question is, does your "user" know he wants to download frameworks 5.0 or
he knows he wants to download karchive and we hope he's "smart" enough to
download the latest version?
FWIW I don't care either way.
> Or is it too foreign to what we currently do?
> I don't mind either way, just seemed like another natural option to me.
> > Also you could do against the unstable/stable thing and just use stable
> > for
> > everything like akonadi does but honestly I do think that it's not a
> > good idea.
> > Now, the hard part, how's versioning going to go now and in the future?
> > I see you want to do a 5.0 of two frameworks and unstable of the others,
> > so
> > let's say 5.0.0 for karchive/threadweaver and 4.9.50 for the others.
> Let's keep it simple and make it 4.9.50 for all of them. We can't exclude
> that karchive or threadweaver won't see some changes between now and the
> > But what about the future? Will there be a 5.0 of the others or will skip
> > to 5.1? If there will be a 5.0 of the others will it be 5.0.0 or 5.0.1
> > and then release also the karchive/threadweaver 5.0.1?
> > I'm asking when you decide to release non beta versions of
> > karchive/threadweaver/kconfig are they version numbers going to be in
> > sync?
> > Because our scripts work with the assumption that all you release has the
> > same version number.
> I think we should keep it that way for the frameworks. They will all have
> the same version number always.
> Let's not make it too complicated. The promise was that we would make a tech
> release which would contain at least karchive and threadweaver in a usable
> state, at least I don't remember saying those two would be final and not
> the rest.
That makes it easier and simpler :-)
More information about the release-team