Release Strategy Proposal

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:37:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/4/26 Sebastian Kügler:
> Hi,
>
> <tldr>
> Let's make 4.11 the last feature release for platform and workspace in the 4
> series, make 4.11 a long term maintainance release.
> </tldr>
>
> I would like to propose the following for our release planning in the next
> year:
>
> - Make 4.11 Platform and Workspaces a long-term maintainance release with
>   bugfix updates for two years
>
> - After 4.11.0, shift feature development to Frameworks 5 and Plasma
>   Workspaces 2, in order to not delay this forever
>
> - Applications are not part of this proposal, we'd need feedback from App
>   module maintainers. It doesn't need to be decided along with this proposal
>   though. For now, App developers should be encouraged to make releases on top
>   of 4.x, and jump onto KF5 "when it's ready"

What exactly is part of this proposal then? Is it

(a) All modules which are released as part of the "KDE SC 4.11", or
(b) only kdelibs, kde-runtime (and kde-workspace)?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but apparently, I'm still not
familiar enough with the SC/Platform/Workspace/... terminology ;-)

Best regards,
Frank