Broken build of KDE Base Apps and unauthorized increase in dependency

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Tue Sep 11 13:05:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Dawit,
>
> It has come to my attention that since commit
> 603a93268efb9d09f8c6255907f46928c651fdbd to kde-baseapps master, the
> build for it has been broken.
> This is due to it depending on new features, present only in the KDE/4.9
> branch.

That is only a temporary situation. All the changes in the 4.9 branch are
periodically merged into
the 4.10 branch by David, but I guess that does not resolve this issue.

> This is problematic because:
> - kde-baseapps depends upon a minimum of 4.7.97 (ie. KDE 4.8) which
> obviously is no longer the case. It depends upon unreleased code.

Ahh... I was not aware of this was a requirement though I still do not
understand why we have started insisting on forward compatibility.
Regardless, I will fix this since it is only a matter of wrapping the code
with #ifdef.

> - This feature will not be in KDE 4.10 at the moment, because the
> feature was added to KDE/4.9 instead of KDE/4.10 as it should have
> been.

It is not a new feature. It is a bug fix. It is needed to fix the directory
filter plugin for Konqueror.