Feature Freeze and Review Board

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Oct 24 13:04:29 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 14:10:43 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > So personally i'd like that you guys still add the stuff to the
> > > feature plan.

> > > Can we just be smart people and accept that "trunk" is just a word
> > > and that
> > > the rest of the people is smart enough too and understand that for
> > > git it
> > > means "master"?
> > >
> > > Because what other word are you suggesting instead of "trunk"?
> >
> > maybe "release branch"?
>
> Not really sure that'd be clearer, is anyone reading this and has an
> opinion?

I agree with whoever mentioned bikeshedding. trunk, master and "release
branch" are all fine and I think clear enough. Or one could just use them all
three.

As to the real issue: I think stuff submitted to review board should get the
same handling as if it were put on the Feature Plan, i.e. only be applied to
the hard freeze. That's most in line with what we actually want to achieve. We
should encourage adding it to the feature plan as well, so the "RB only" is
just an exception we know how to handle.

Now let's get back to work =)
--
sebas