print-manager (kdeutils) has no KDE/4.9 branch

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 01:06:33 UTC 2012

On Monday, October 01, 2012 11:00:27 David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 30 September 2012 18:17:56 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Diumenge, 30 de setembre de 2012, a les 10:20:31, David Faure va
>
> escriure:
> > > All other git modules that are part of kdeutils have a KDE/4.9 branch,
> > > but
> > > not print-manager. Is that on purpose?
> >
> > print-manager is not part of 4.9 releases, so it does not have a KDE/4.9
> > branch.
>
> OK so that becomes a kdesrc-build bug.
>
> kde_projects.xml indeed has no <branch>KDE/4.9</branch> element for print-
> manager, as it does for other kdeutils modules.
>
> So, IMHO
>
> module-set
>   use-modules kde/kdeutils
>   branch KDE/4.9
> end module-set
>
> should skip print-manager altogether, rather than give a git checkout error.
>
> Cc'ing Michael Pyne.

Oh wow. Looking at kde_projects.xml it seems it should be doable to figure
which branches are available for each kde-projects module to allow for
filtering out modules where a given branch is not present.

A workaround for now might be the recently-reintroduced "use-stable-kde"
option. Despite what I have in the docs currently (not online but in
index.docbook), it should work for individual modules or for module-sets, and
should fallback to the master branch if a stable branch is not set for a given
module. So it would still be pulled in, but at least it wouldn't be using a
non-existent branch.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne