The misterious case of oxygen-icons (bis)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 22:22:10 UTC 2012

Last August I started a discussion about oxygen-icons that didn't really get
anywhere http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2012-August/006364.html

The summary is that we release oxygen-icons with all the releases, e.g. 4.9.0,
4.9.1, etc but we always release if from trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons

That is obviously wrong, we either release it only in x.y.0 from trunk or if
we release it for all x.y.z versions we *need* to branch it like all the other
stuff we do.

So as we did not reach any decision in the previous thread I'll take one and
deal with the pain of taking a decision.

The decision is that once 4.10.0 is released i'll branch the existing
oxygen-icons in trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons to
branches/kdesupport/oxygen-icons

Icons guys: this means that after we release 4.10.0 everything you put in
trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons will only go to 4.11, if you want it to end in
4.10.x you'll also have to put it in branches/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/4.10

Translators and documentation writers are able to cope with this branch system
so I don't doubt you'll be able to do the same, but if you have questions we
are always here to help :-)