Request for adding new plugin for Dolphin

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 9 21:09:57 UTC 2012

Hi Albert,

2012/11/9 Albert Astals Cid:
> El Divendres, 9 de novembre de 2012, a les 15:43:05, Frank Reininghaus va
> escriure:
>> Hi Albert,
>>
>> 2012/11/8 Albert Astals Cid:
>> > El Dijous, 8 de novembre de 2012, a les 09:04:15, Frank Reininghaus va
>> >
>> > escriure:

>> > Can we please follow the rules as specified at
>> > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle#Stage_2:_Stable for
>> > projects going through kdereview and notify also kde-core-devel?
>>
>> I see your point, but either it is not entirely clear to me what the
>> review rules are for things which are not applications or libraries of
>> their own, but rather parts of/plugins for them, or those rules are
>> ignored all the time.
>
> Yes, people ignore stuff, which results in broken i18n and stuff like it that
> people tend to not care much about.

Yes, I can imagine that it can be frustrating to see people break
important stuff like i18n all the time, and I really admire your
patience when you tell people for the millionth time to add a
Messages.sh :-) Your work is really much appreciated!

> From my POV if it is a new self contained unit, be it an application, library
> or plugin it should follow the rules and tell the wider world there is new
> stuff we are going to ship and if they care to have a look. Review *is a good
> thing*, improves code and hopefully will make people have a more common
> ownership of stuff if they have a look at the code.

Of course review is a good thing, and Martin's review request did
already get a couple of suggestions for improvements. It just wasn't
clear to me if telling the wider world is required/makes sense in this
case, or if having it reviewed by the people who work on the area is
enough - I think that not everyone reading kde-core-devel wants to be
informed about every little thing. But actually, either way is fine
for me. However, seeing that the hard feature freeze is already in
place, it might have to wait until KDE/4.10 branches are created
anyway.

Best regards,
Frank