nepomuk-core needs unreleased Soprano

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 30 08:24:38 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 09:15:03 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> The new beta1 release is uploaded to SF now. I will add announcements
> tonight.

i assume these will be source and binary incompatible with previous releases
due to the removal of tcpclient.h from the build.

i have put in a stub version of tcpclient.cpp that does nothing other than
tell the developer not to use it ;) it now builds and should be SC and BC. i
pushed this to both master and the 2.8 branch.

this means we'll need a re-do of the tarballs .. but that's not a big deal.

so current status is:

* SC/BC should be restored (though not tested with an automated checker; just
took care of the tcpclient issue)

* we have a branch (2.8) which releases can be pulled from

... we should be good to go?

> Sorry for the delay. I was moving house and had no internet connection.

yes, this sucks .. what makes me nervous, and should make us all nervous, is
this implies that soprano has a bus number of 1. that is not tolerable for a
component that so many things in our code relies on. may i suggest that
Vishesh be "promoted" to co-maintainer so that he may also take on tasks such
as these if you become unavailable? it's still a relatively low bus number of
2, but that's a lot better than 1.

--
Aaron J. Seigo