Packaging 4.9: kdelibs?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue May 22 22:20:38 UTC 2012

El Dimarts, 22 de maig de 2012, a les 18:02:40, Allen Winter va escriure:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2012 5:36:54 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Soooo, now that I've bitten the bait and decided to package 4.9 beta 1
> > myself I have a question :D
> >
> > kdelibs is special since we don't have a master branch to package, i need
> > to package from the 4.8 branch, that's fine *but* the issue is that i
> > have to increase the version number and thus I can't tag 4.8.80 since I
> > can't commit the version number increase to 4.8 branch.
> >
> > Ben suggests we create the 4.9 branch already. That'd go along with
> > Martin's suggestion to create the 4.9 branch too.
>
> You have to modify the version number in a "dirty" kdelibs 4.8 checkout and
> tar that.
>
> Do not push any tags until the packagers have verified your tarballs are ok.

Still i need to commit that version number increase somewhen if we want the
tag to be exactly what is in the tar, and can't commit a version 4.8.80 change
to 4.8 branch, or at least doesn't make any sense to me

> please also look at the checklist in the kde-common/release subdir.

I've already done that, you think i volunteered without checking the work to
do ;-)

Albert