Delay KDE 4.9 (Was: KDE 4.9 Beta 1 Tagging)
Albert Astals Cid
aacid at kde.org
Mon May 21 21:59:17 UTC 2012
El Diumenge, 20 de maig de 2012, a les 20:10:34, Martin Gräßlin va escriure:
> Am 20.05.2012 19:19, schrieb Allen Winter:
> > I can't see anyway at all that we can keep to the current schedule
> > for KDE 4.9.
> > Well, not unless we get a lot more activity going here at Release
> > Central (tm)
> > I propose we reset back to the soft feature freeze mode now.
> > Then start over with the hard feature freeze and messate freeze on 17
> > June.
> > Effectively I'm proposing to insert 1 extra month in the schedule.
> > Objections or comments?
> I'm fine with adding an extra month, but not with changing the freeze
> dates again after all the freezes are in place. To me as a developer
> that would not help anything as the release is pretty much prepared and
> there is hardly anything I would want to do for 4.9 that late in the
> cycle. In fact it would throw my development one month back as master
> will be unfrozen a month later.
> So instead of delaying all the freezes, let's just branch KDE/4.9 right
> now and open up master for feature commits (4.10). This gives the
> release team the time it needs and the developers what they really care
> about ;-)
I think that's really *too soon*, we usually don't branch that early, do we?
> Btw if there is anything we can do please let us know.
> release-team mailing list
> release-team at kde.org
More information about the release-team