Nepomuk - Moving out of kde-runtime

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu May 17 20:08:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:

> On 2012-05-17, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:
> > I think we can manage BC. The only thing that would be hard are the DBus
> > interfaces. But since nepomuk-core contains client libs which are
> > supposed to be used instead of the dbus interfaces...
>
> Great. thanks.

Can't we just break binary compatibility for 4.10. Just this once?

@Sebastian: Do you really want to have to deprecate the QueryServiceClient
as mentioned in [1]? I rather not have stuff like that lying around in
Nepomuk2. I'd like to not have to make hasty decisions right now (before
4.9).

Plus, it's not like you'll have to recompile a lot of stuff. The only
things that depend on nepomuk-core right now are nepomuk-kde-config and
nepomuk-kde-kio.

[1] http://community.kde.org/Projects/Nepomuk/Irc_meeting_nepomuk_frameworks

--
Vishesh Handa