kdemultimedia move to git aborted for now

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:34:12 UTC 2012

I'm glad to announce that the kdemultimedia git repositories have now
been re-converted. In addition, I rebased the JuK and Dragon MPRIS
work that was done in scratch repos into the newly-converted
repositories.

There are still some minor problems with early (read: ancient) history
of KMix, but fixing that would have delayed the migration too much. I
may fix it in the future, which will need a reconversion of kmix
alone, but don't hold your breath.

I *haven't* tested if the repos can be compiled, and I encourage you
to do test-builds for all ten repositories, and for both master and
KDE/4.8 branches (I heard the 4.8 branches hadn't got the
build-standalone commits backported).

If you had any changes done locally that you couldn't push due to the
repository block, I'll be glad to help with the rebasing in the
mailing list. But if you don't have any local unpushed work, I highly
recommend that you just delete your local repository and clone it
fresh.

Happy hacking!

--
Nicolás