adding kwebkitpart to KDE SC

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 02:15:35 UTC 2012

On Sunday, March 25, 2012 08:14:05 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Saturday 24 March 2012 8:16:28 PM David Faure wrote:
> > Moving to kde-baseapps would do the job, but this requires replaying
> > history, and will create trouble if we ever want to modularize it out
> > again.
> >
> > So is there a simple way to mark it as "part of KDE SC", so that it's
> > released as a separate tarball, but together with the KDE SC releases?
>
> Why not treat kwebkitpart exactly like we do konsole?
> konsole lives in its own repo outside of kde-baseapps, but is conceptually
> part of kde-baseapps.
>
> Todo:
> 1) In the projects.kde.org database, we would need to make kwebkitpart a
> child of kde-baseapps.
> 2) ask Dirk to add it to the SC releases from 4.9
> and in the future

If we do this, ideally we would also mark kwebkitpart as dependent on kde-
baseapps in the kde-build-metadata.git repo. This will prevent tools like
kdesrc-build or some of our continuous integration testing software from
trying to build kwebkitpart first (which would prevent cloning kde-baseapps).

Actually, I can do this now just in case we do it anyways (it would have no
effect until kwebkitpart is moved to "kde/kde-baseapps/kwebkitpart"). If we
end up not going through with this please let me know so I can back out the
change though. ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne