adding kwebkitpart to KDE SC

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 25 21:40:28 UTC 2012

El Diumenge, 25 de març de 2012, a les 23:29:14, David Faure va escriure:
> On Sunday 25 March 2012 08:14:05 Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 March 2012 8:16:28 PM David Faure wrote:
> > > Hello release team,
> > >
> > > How do we get kwebkitpart (separate git module) released together with
> > > the
> > > rest of KDE SC (rather than "on its own schedule" as it was supposed to
> > > be, in extragear)?
> > >
> > > Moving to kde-baseapps would do the job, but this requires replaying
> > > history, and will create trouble if we ever want to modularize it out
> > > again.
> > >
> > > So is there a simple way to mark it as "part of KDE SC", so that it's
> > > released as a separate tarball, but together with the KDE SC releases?
> >
> > Why not treat kwebkitpart exactly like we do konsole?
> > konsole lives in its own repo outside of kde-baseapps, but is conceptually
> > part of kde-baseapps.
>
> That would be perfect, indeed.
>
> > Todo:
> > 1) In the projects.kde.org database, we would need to make kwebkitpart a
> > child of kde-baseapps.
>
> Who can do that? Do I need to file a sysadmin request, maybe?

Well, we'd need some discussion first, as if we really want that, should we?
At least agreement from the kde-baseapps maintainer? That according to
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Release_Team is... noone. Great stuff :-)

I'll go back to my cave now.