Release Script

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 25 11:05:49 UTC 2012

On Monday 25 June 2012 01:16:05 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > If we really want to decouple our releases and be more flexible with doing
> > them i consider this change a requirement for any decision in that regard.
> >

> > Each and every module has to have its own version number build in. I guess
> > with the frameworks branch much of kdelibs already got that change (no
> > idea
> > really, anyone with input?). But we have to do the same with the rest of
> > our modules.
>
> No idea about frameworks. David? Kevin?

This is partly still under discussion.

However the currently implemented solution is that each framework has a
versions number, but that version number can be upgraded in all frameworks at
the same time, using a script.

A future framework on top of all others, could provide the version number for
all apps, much like the current kdeversion.h. Basically it would be the "SC"
number, and not the version number of the libs themselves, as is currently the
case.