Sharing the pain^Wknowledge

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Jun 22 22:32:49 UTC 2012

El Dimecres, 20 de juny de 2012, a les 06:02:41, Torgny Nyblom va escriure:
> On 19.06.2012 23:32, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Awesome, do you have access to a server you can use for the packaging
> > (i don't
> > recommend running them on your local machine as i said take a while
> > to run)
>
> Depends, I have one private server (old amd64) and I can possibly use
> huey (build.kde.org).
>
> > If not i guess we can work out to give you access to the same server
> > i used
> > for the last two releases.
>
> Lets keep that as a "plan B", since I guess setting up the environment
> is part of what I need to know :)

Sorry, it took me that much to asnwer, got busy flying/attending to QtCS

So this is my list of steps: (Note the borrame stuff before running any pack command)

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kde-common/release
cd release
mkdir clean
update versions file HEADURL and DESTURL
update modules.git for new modules
update modules for new modules
update setup-git-modules.sh for branch
update common
./checkout  (with correct user and protocol)
./setup-git-modules.sh
./update_all &> FILE_WITH_HASH_AND_REVISIONS
./pack_all
and then if you did the pack_all before the real tagging date/hour you can just do
./update_all &> NEW_FILE_WITH_HASH_AND_REVISIONS
diff -ub FILE_WITH_HASH_AND_REVISIONS NEW_FILE_WITH_HASH_AND_REVISIONS
and call
./pack foobar
over the foobar pckages that actually changed. I think doing the "earlier" packging is good since big packages like oxygen-icons, etc don't change that often.
Note saving FILE_WITH_HASH_AND_REVISIONS and NEW_FILE_WITH_HASH_AND_REVISIONS is very important since we need to know which hashes/revisions to tag.

I am running MY_DIFF over the kde-common/release folder (you'll need to update some version numbers)

Also there is the magic
-srcdir=../../borrame/
to meinproc (yes you need to have some meinproc version installed)

In that borrame folder (that is in the same roon as the release/ contents) you need to do this
cp -R clean/kdelibs/kdoctools borrame
*** attention black magic coming (note those are debian paths, not sure what are the correct ones in other systems) ***
DOCBOOK_LOCATION=/usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.2/
DOCBOOKXSL_LOCATION=/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/
sed s#@DOCBOOKXML_CURRENTDTD_DIR@#$DOCBOOK_LOCATION#g borrame/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd.cmake > borrame/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd
sed s#@DOCBOOKXSL_DIR@#$DOCBOOKXSL_LOCATION#g borrame/customization/kde-include-common.xsl.cmake > borrame/customization/kde-include-common.xsl
sed s#@DOCBOOKXSL_DIR@#$DOCBOOKXSL_LOCATION#g borrame/customization/kde-include-man.xsl.cmake > borrame/customization/kde-include-man.xsl
docbookl10nhelper $DOCBOOKXSL_LOCATION borrame/customization/xsl/ borrame/customization/xsl/
You might need to compile docbookl10nhelper (borrame/docbookl10nhelper.cpp) yourself, for that just use g++, qtcore ldflags, and bedone

And that's hopefully all, i'll be around on monday on irc (just query me as tsdgeos even if you don't see me connected)
I realize we are suposed to create the packages on tuesday and it might be a bit too tight, do you want to start making the setup
and aim for RC2 instead of RC1?