ALERT: KDElibs (at least) 4.8.4 is actually 4.8.80+

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jun 11 05:20:50 UTC 2012

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 01:22:03 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> On Sunday 10 June 2012, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> > Why not start now and make the next kdelibs 4.8.5? Releasing a kdelibs
> > 4.9 will just add to the confusion of how kdelibs development is
> > working.
>
> Because having a kdelibs version different from (and especially lower than)
> the  KDE SC version messes up our packaging pretty badly.

I'd consider that a bug in your packaging. There's no absolute requirement of
an app for a specific version of kdelibs. If your packages need that, you
should probably fix them. The decoupling of libs and apps, and especially the
modularization of kdelibs into Frameworks will only reveal more problems with
your packages.
--
sebas