playground folder in the kate repo

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 10 14:14:25 UTC 2012

El Dissabte, 9 de juny de 2012, a les 11:45:39, Dominik Haumann va escriure:
> Hi Albert,
>
> On Saturday, 9. June 2012 00:17:55 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi guys, having the playground folder inside the kate repo is kind of
> > confusing since for example the plugin that was added yesterday just
> > showed
> > up in scripty in kde-baseapps in the master branch.
> >
> > Thing is the master branch is what will become 4.9 and translators are
> > working on it, so in their world that new plugin is something that will be
> > part of 4.9 when it will not.
> >
> > Is there any reason you don't use separate playground repos like everyone
> > else does?
>
> No, there is no reason (I for one simply wasn't aware of it). So to fix it,
> it's ok to delete the code for now (I'm back tomorrow, so if anyone can do
> it earlier, please do so).
>
> Btw, the same probably holds for the pate plugin. This has nothing to do
> with GSoC, though.

We are a little "busy" with beta 2 release now, I just wanted to know if you
had or not any objections on killing the playground folder inside the kate
repo.

It's cool you don't, we'll revisit this when we all have some more time.