4.8.80 is out

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jun 6 22:44:27 UTC 2012

El Dimecres, 6 de juny de 2012, a les 19:37:48, Nicolás Alvarez va escriure:
> 2012/6/6, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:

> >> Ah, d'oh. okay, that explains it.
> >>
> >> Well, now we have the mess completed. IMHO we should create a KDE/4.9 and
> >> move Sebastian Truegs nepomuk branch merge there. then we can also bump
> >> the
> >> Qt requirements.
> >
> > Why should we move it there? He commited it to KDE/4.8 so he wants it
> > there, right?
>
> Where else could he have committed?! There is no master, there is no
> 4.9. If I wanted something to be in 4.9 but not in 4.8.4, what option
> do I have?

None.

kdelibs is feature frozen, you can't want to have anything in 4.9 but not in
4.8.4 by the kdelibs state definition, kdelibs will be renamed to 4.9 just for
naming sake but it is still kdelibs 4.8 and it is still kdelibs 4.7, *only*
bugfixes should go there.

And yes, you might disagree, but it is what we agreed back then when the
freeze was put in place.