KDE SC 4.8.5??

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 21:04:28 UTC 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 22:36:16 Dirk Müller wrote:
> On Monday 28 May 2012, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Is anyone strongly in favor of KDE SC 4.8.5?
> Hi, 
> not necessarily in favor, but in case there are urgent issues we might be 
> reconsidering it. 
> IMHO we should revisit the topic in 2 months and then decide if it is worth 
> it.
> With other words, we keep the option open of releasing a 4.8.5, but do not 
> schedule it as happening unconditionally anymore.

Sounds fine, though I think we always reserve the possibility of doing an 
emergency update, it just never was necessary so we never did it.

In the end, it's all our own decision, saying now "we won't do one" might 
still be overruled by an exception in the future if we find a good reason. 
(Just like we did with 3.5.10 =))

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9

More information about the release-team mailing list