Why are 4.8.80 packages already out in the wild?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 16:45:37 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012 18:34:40 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> This issue is even a bigger problem if your fellow developers compile your
> code from scratch and then file a bug by version "Compiled from sources".
> Should happen much more often, no? :)
quite the opposite. Most users who actually compile from source give either
directly the shasum of the git commit or the date when they pulled.

Personally those are my most favorite bug reporters as they are most capable
of providing useful information and we know that they can compile code and
could test a patch :-)

Cheers
Martin