4.9.0 tarballs available (for packagers)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 17:55:08 UTC 2012

El Diumenge, 29 de juliol de 2012, a les 10:57:01, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz va
escriure:
> On Saturday 28 of July 2012, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 of July 2012, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > The tarballs can be found in their usual embargo location (available
> > > only
> > > to packagers)
> > >
> > > I'm attaching the sha1sum of the tarballs and the branches,
> > > hashes/revisions from which they have been created.
> >
> > runtime tarball fails to build for me:
> Seems locale.h isn't best name to choose for local header since there is a
> system header with the same name that is commonly used. Renaming this file
> etc and problem is gone.

I agree the name is not the most optimal, but the code is correct
#include "locale.h"
has to include the locale.h of the local directory before looking for a system
wide one so i'm with Bartosz in blaming gcc or some other part of the
toolchain (moreover this file has been there since March 26 and noone else
seems to have complained until now).

I'm contacting the authors of the file to see if they mind renaming it, but I
would totally understand if they don't want to since as I said as far as I can
see the code is correct.