[RFC] Bugzilla "Feature" Severity

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Jul 14 12:34:43 UTC 2012

On Friday, July 13, 2012 05:22:06 PM todd rme wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 July 2012 19:15:10 Allen Winter wrote:
> >> We would do away with the wiki-based feature plans currently on techbase:
> >> replacing with a bugzilla query.
> >>
> >> For example, the query for all wishes planned for 4.10 are:
> >> https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=wishlist&target_milestone=4
> >> .10
> >>
> >> but I am proposing:
> >> https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=feature&target_milestone=4.
> >> 10
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >
> > +1 would love it, especially the feature plan through bugzilla query.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Martin
>
> I like the idea.
>
> As an alternative, however, what about using the same naming scheme we
> use in the release feature list, i.e "Todo", "In Progress", and
> "Complete"?  This could allow the bugzilla list to be directly
> translated into a feature plan.

Of course,  the feature owner is responsible for setting the appropriate bug status.
Should be easier to change the Status field in bko than modifiying the wiki, slightly.

But you're correct,  we would need to translate:
  New => Todo
  Assigned => In Progress
  Resolved => Done

Also, I sorta like having the features grouped by module as the wiki page does now.

I could easily write a program to convert the query output to be more pleasing
but that defeats the purpose of having an automatic thing.

I don't know anything about bugzilla... but maybe there is a way to pipe the query output
into another filter before displaying?

At worse case, I still think having a new "Feature" severity would be  useful.