Apologies for breaking the freeze and a suggestion

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:00:17 UTC 2012

2012/7/11 Aurélien Gâteau <agateau at kde.org>:
> Le mercredi 11 juillet 2012 11:23:28 Ben Cooksley a écrit :

>> > I don't know if it's doable.  But I like the idea.
>> >
>> > Our awesome sysadmins might have some thoughts.
>>
>> Whilst this would be possible, it would require maintaining a list of
>> all KDE SC repositories which are affected by this freeze, and making
>> changes around each freeze period to switch it on and off again.
>
> I would imagine it would be possible to:
> 1. symlink the same hook in all KDE SC repositories so that the hook doesn't
> have to be duplicated.
> 2. make this hook read a configuration file so that one only has to update this
> one file for each freeze/unfreeze transition.
> But I may be completely wrong.

It's already the case that a single hook script runs on every
repository hosted in git.kde.org.

What I would do is make the configuration file state the *dates* where
each freeze period starts and ends. That way it doesn't have to be
updated manually exactly when the freeze starts or when it ends, only
if the dates change.

--
Nicolás