Apologies for breaking the freeze and a suggestion

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Tue Jul 10 16:32:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

This morning I worked on two bug fixes for Gwenview which I pushed to the
KDE/4.9 branch. Only later in the afternoon did I check email and realized I
should not have pushed those changes as we were freezing for RC2. I want to
apologize for that.

Since a "git push" is a bit too easy to do, I was wondering whether it would
be possible to have a git hook which would disallow pushing in freeze mode.
The hook could be designed to only allow commits if they have a
"APPROVED_BY_RELEASE_TEAM" keyword in the commit message.

This would prevent clueless people like me from pushing when they should not.
Do you think this is doable?

Aurélien