KDE 4.8.0 tarballs (try#1)

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 08:42:53 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 18 January 2012, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> > I didn't even smoketest them yet, but I just finished generating and
> > uploading the first set of 4.8.0 tarballs.
> >
> > Please report any blocker issues or compilation issues either to
> > kde-packager or release-team
>
> You really, really need to fix your scripts :)
>
> kdeaccessibility and kdeutils are traditionally missing.

Hi,

they are split into subtarballs now, following git module split. I only
preserve tarball splitting over minor releases (aka if there are further git
splits with 4.8.1 or 2, then I will reassmble the tarballs to make it
seamless). It has been that way from the start in the 4.8 series.

I'm sorry, I can not maintain two sets of tarballs, it is just too much time
that I don't have. If anyone wants to step up and integrates the rebuilding
into the script set we have (trunk/kde-common/release) then I'm happy to use
it.

Thanks,
Dirk