Request for splitting oxygen-icons tarball

Philip Muskovac yofel at gmx.net
Mon Feb 27 20:35:27 UTC 2012

On 02/27/2012 01:20 AM, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:47:11 +0100, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> On Sunday 26 February 2012 23:29:37 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
>>> Does debian's oxygen-icon-theme package, which contains only png icons,
>>> violate the license?
>>
>> No. just like debian's systemsettings package, which contains compiled code
>> also doesn't violate the license.
>
> Why oxygen-icons split on two tarballs, one with png icons and another with svg only, will violate the license, while systemsettings debian package + kde-workspaces source tarball don't?
>
>> In both cases, the sources is a apt-get source away. In both cases you get the
>> tarball created by Dirk
>>
>>> What's the difference then?
>>
>> that's hopefully obvious.
>
> Not for me apparently :). Could you clarify it or point me at good explanation?
>
>> /Sune

More than splitting the package, I would rather like to have a sane
compression applied to it
as I mentioned previously:
359M oxygen-icons-4.8.0.tar.bz2
203M oxygen-icons-4.8.0.tar.xz

using xz -9 cuts of "just" 156M for me. Such a huge tarball is a bit of
a pain to handle, even if I agree with Sune that having all icons in one
place is handy.

Philip