4.9 Release schedule

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Feb 14 09:45:33 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 07 February 2012 23:03:57 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi guys, are we releasing 4.9?
>
> Last i heard the Frameworks guys were aiming at some kind of release around
> Akademy time (which is kind of the same time we'd release 4.9 in a 6 months
> cycle). Obviously this means that either:
>  a) We release 4.9 not using frameworks at all (and using kdelibs 4.8
> renamed to 4.9 like we did this time)
>  b) We wait until frameworks is out
>
> I'm leaning towards a) since b) might end up meaning an undefinite delay.
>
> Opinions?

Strongly for a) (and 4.10, ...) as it lets us show we've learned from 4.0 and
keep most users on 4.x until 5.x is really ready for them.  See Libreoffice's
explicit definition of who .0 releases are for here:
http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/07/01/libreoffice-3-4-1-provides-
stable-new-features-for-every-user/ .

Will