We are having RC3 was: Re: Another RC?, was: Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Dec 31 16:23:11 UTC 2012

El Dilluns, 31 de desembre de 2012, a les 16:44:18, Martin Gräßlin va
escriure:
> On Sunday 30 December 2012 20:55:22 Scott Kitterman wrote:

> > > Would adding in two instead of three weeks work for you?
> >
> > No.  Looking at the schedule, it would need to be only a week later than
> > the current schedule to make it.  If the 4.10.0 -> 4.10.1 and 4.10.1 ->
> > 4.10.2 intervals were slightly reduced, maybe we could get there?
>
> what about Kubuntu uses stable from branch as of freeze day? That would be
> very close to 4.10.2.
>
> Or maybe tag 4.10.2 at the Kubuntu freeze day, but otherwise keep the
> schedule shifted?

Honestly, who cares if Kubuntu ships 4.10.1(because we made an RC3) or 4.10.2
(because we did not make an RC3)?

It will still be "x days" after the freeze so the code quality will be very
similar.

Since it seems almost everyone agrees we want an RC3 but noone is doing the
step to announce it, i will do it.

We will keep the same separation as between RC1 and RC2, i.e. two weeks, so

January 2, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Tagging Freeze for Release Candidate 2
January 3, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 2 Tagging
January 4, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 2 Release
January 16, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Tagging Freeze for Release Candidate 3
January 17, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 3 Tagging
January 18, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 3 Release
January 30, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Final Tag
February 6, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release

Vishesh, Christian can you please commit your respective code ASAP?