Another RC?, was: Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Jos Poortvliet jos at opensuse.org
Mon Dec 31 15:27:30 UTC 2012

On Sunday 30 December 2012 20:55:22 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:24:18 AM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 30, 2012 02:41:43 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > Assuming 4.10.1 and 4.10.2 slip similarly, that would result in the
> > > next
> > > Kubuntu release having 4.10.1 instead of 4.10.2.  We might also have
> > > make  some adjustments to our internal testing milestone schedule.
> > >
> > > 4.10.2 would come out a day or two before Kubuntu 13.04 (far to late
> > > for
> > > pre- release updates) so we'd get to release without the current KDE
> > > SC.  We do ship the point releases as post-release updates, so they
> > > would
> > > get to users eventually, but post-release QA is a lot more work for
> > > us.
> > >
> > > This isn't precisely a problem, but changing the release cycle now is
> > > not
> > > idea  for us.  As long as 4.11 drops back into the usual time slot
> > > (and
> > > doesn't also slip), then the impact would not be major.
> >
> > Would adding in two instead of three weeks work for you?
>
> No.  Looking at the schedule, it would need to be only a week later than
> the current schedule to make it.  If the 4.10.0 -> 4.10.1 and 4.10.1 ->
> 4.10.2 intervals were slightly reduced, maybe we could get there?
>
> Scott K

Just out of curiosity - how big a deal is it to ship with 4.10.1 instead of
4.10.2? Does it matter, other than the number? As a user, I'm rather fond of
having a much more usable KDE PIM in 4.10... I can't judge the technical
side of this argument but the impact of crappy Nepomuk<->KDEPIM interaction
is still very noticeable in the RC...