Application version numbers, SC version numbers and FIXED-IN

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Sat Dec 29 17:22:16 UTC 2012

Le Thursday 27 December 2012 16:16:55 Allen Winter a écrit :

> > We could get rid of the notion of Gwenview version numbers and just use
> > KDE SC version numbers, but I don't think this would work for example for
> > KMail.
> For the record, most kdepim apps use the same version number as KDE SC.
> Including KMail2, KOrganizer, Akregator, KAddressbook...

Oh. I remember KMail1 used a 1.something version number, am I wrong? I guess
you changed it with KMail2.

> > Is there an established policy for this?
>
> Not to my knowledge.
>
> > Should we use KDE SC version numbers in the FIXED-IN field?
>
> Good question.
>
> The definition of "Version Fixed In" is "A custom Free Text field in this
> installation of KDE Bugtracking System." Therefore, you could put the KDE
> SC version *and* the Gwenview version both.

That sounds too complicated and easy to get wrong. The easiest solution is
probably for Gwenview 2.10.0 to become 4.10.0. Any objection to me bumping the
version before 4.10rc2 tagging freeze?

Aurélien