Killing announcements/changelogs/changelog*.php

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Aug 15 18:45:32 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 15 August 2012 14:12:53 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimecres, 15 d'agost de 2012, a les 13:55:59, Martin Gräßlin va escriure:
> > Am 15.08.2012 12:44, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > > What do you guys think?
> >
> > clear +1, but maybe use target milestone instead of version fixed in
> > (or at least in addition).
>
> You can't set the milestone in a git/svn commit (AFAIK) so no, let's use
> what we told everybody to use, i.e. the FIXED-IN: keyword in commits.
this would only need to adjust the hook to update in additon the target
milestone. I just checked the docs [1] and target_milestone can be set through
the API. The problem is most likely that most bugzilla products do not use the
target_milestone so setting it would fail. Which is probably a reason why the
kludge with the custom free-text field got introduced.

Maybe Jeroen could comment on this and whether it would be possible to easily
create the target milestones for all KDE SC products?

Best Regards
Martin

[1]
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/api/Bugzilla/WebService/Bug.html#update