Fwd: Re: KSecrets

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Apr 3 09:04:07 UTC 2012

--- El mar, 3/4/12, Jonathan Riddell escribió:

> +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dilluns, 2 d'abril de 2012, a les 15:20:12,
> Anne-Marie Mahfouf va escriure:
> in SC 4.8.
> > >
> > > I think I remember that when it was in review it
> was mentioned that it
> > > was in alpha state and that having it in
> production would make it test
> > > and fixed and improved. This did not happen.
> > >
> > > I am in favor of removing it, as is Jonathan.
> > >
> > > What do other people think?
> >
> > People will complain we are removing stuff from 4.8.1
> to 4.8.2 (even if it's
> > stuff they never used)
> >
> > My suggestion is to leave it there as i don't see it
> hurting us at the moment
> > and make sure it is in good shape for 4.9
>
> Shipping alpha software as if it is stable is a mistake and
> we should fix it.  It will hurt our reputation to
> continue doing that.

Sure it is a mistake, and we should learn from it, meaning more people should pay attention when stuff goes through kdereview.

About removing it or not, i've said my opinion, you've said yours, neither of us is the release team representative for kdeutils nor kdelibs (where the code for ksecrets lives afair), so what do the kdeutils/kdelibs representatives say?

Albert