Fwd: Requesting freeze exception for JtG

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 15:31:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 16:10, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> Pau,
>
> As I understand it, the position of the Release Team is a rock hard, solid freeze in kdelibs.
> only bugfixes are allowed, period.
>
> So this request will necessarily be denied.

Hi Allen,

while I understand your position I would like you to reconsider it. It
is in everyone's interest. KDE e.V. needs to drastically expand the
individual supporting membership program if we want to continue having
sprints and conferences at the scale we have them right now or even
expand them. This needs to happen now and not in months. Adding the
program prominently to our software is one of the best ways we can
achieve that goal.
Pau has already done all the coding for this and I am sure he'd be
willing to help fix any problems should they occur.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member