New Feature for kdelibs (Was: The case for a kdelibs 4.8)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Nov 12 11:26:11 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 15:28:48 andrea diamantini wrote:
> I think that every app using cookies would like to have this patch merged
> ASAP, expecially browsers. This will help/fix/improve features like
> "private browsing" and so on. So please don't let us wait for the "big
> Universe reordering" to have it. :)

To me, this is typically a "nice to have" feature. Sure, very cool stuff, but
does it warrant changing the plans we made this Summer to move to Frameworks5
as fast as we can?

I don't think it does, therefore, I'm against breaking the feature freeze and
have us rather concentrate on making the "Big Universe Reordering" happen.
(There are people waiting for that to happen, too, after all.)

The mantra should be "If you want a new feature in kdelibs, help us making the
next feature release of it happen".
--
sebas