Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 15:48:05 UTC 2011

On Friday, November 04, 2011 23:05:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> we currently have libkactivities in kdelibs/experimental. due to upcoming
> changs and frameworks 5 development, it has been moved into its own git
> repository: kactivities.
>
> i would like to request approval to remove it from kdelibs/experimental
> and  make the kactivities repository a dependency for kde-workspace.
>
> the benefits:
>
> * libkworkspace drops 4 classes (essentially halfing it in size)
> * we have one place for libkactivities so people don't continue to get
> confused
>
> the drawbacks:
>
> * a new module required for building kde-workspace
>
> note that this module is already a dependency for the plasma-mobile
> repository.

If we can recreate the tarballs as we used to, and Dirk indicated we can, then
I think this is a good solution to this headaching problem. We promised
packagers not to break up tarball layouts before Frameworks 5 any further, but
we can split up repos as long as we keep reassembling them for releases, which
is already the case for kdegraphics, for example.

sebas