KDEPIM 4.6RC2 Tarballs (try #1)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon May 30 23:29:33 CEST 2011

Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Monday, May 30, 2011 10:32:57 AM Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> CC'ing release-team and kde-pim back. The people who can properly answer
>> these concerns are not subscribed to kde-packager.
>>
>> Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke at gmail.com> writes:

>> > What I know from Trueg is that kdelibs 4.7 has a hard requirement for
>> > SDO
>> > 0.7. This due to recent changes in kdelibs 4.7.  I know that kdepim in
>> > master has been changed to work with SDO 0.7, but I am not sure if
>> > these changes ar backwards compatible.
>> >
>> > So I am afraid that kdepim 4.6 and kdelibs 4.7 are currently a NO-GO
>> > combination. (unless kdepim 4.6 has been changed to work with SDO 0.7).
>>
>> From what I see, rcgen in kdelibs master (upcoming 4.7) has been patched
>> so that kdepim < 4.7 also works with it, so it's not a NO-GO.
>
> I guess the question is has it (kdelibs) been changed to work with SDO
> 0.6? If both work with SDO 0.6, then we can stay with that until we get a
> SDO 0.7 compatible kdepim release.

2e1704ddfda6ae53ec2793129f2700601ac6f31b in kdelibs increases the
requirement there to SDO 0.7. I don't know why. Sebastian Trueg would have
to answer that and tell you what it would take to revert.

As far as I know, kdepim 4.6 and kdepim 4.7 are SDO 0.7 compatible. Has
anyone confirmed the opposite? If both are not 0.7 compatible then that has
to be fixed and nobody knows about it.