KDE 4.7 Beta1 (4.6.80) tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 25 21:54:31 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 25 May 2011, Eric Hameleers wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> >> I'll see whether I can do something for this.
> >>
> >> Alex
> >
> > Looks good :-)
> > I have here now a CMakeLists.txt for kdesupport, which downloads
> > everything from git and builds it.
> > But on "make package", it creates basically a package of the downloaded
> > sources together with a matching CMakeLists.txt (which then doesn't
> > download, but just uses the already present sources).
> > I.e.
> > you could do "cmake <srcdir>" , then "make package" (or maybe some custom
> > target), and then you'd have a tgz of kdesupport which you can unpack and
> > build anywhere.
> > Would that help your case ?
> >
> > Alex
>
> Hi Alex
>
> Absolutely!
>
> I have no issues with creating a comprehensive tarball myself. In
> fact, if this allows me to build a single monolithic kdesupport
> package again, then you provide what I need.

I think so.
There may be issues with installing the built stuff, we'll see.
(currently it is installed during the build, so you need write permissions for
the install directory, which is probably ok for developers, who have their
system probably anyway set up in such a way that they can install as normal
user, not sure for packagers).

Where should I put that stuff ?
git, svn, somewhere else ?

Alex