Fixing the release-team mailing list on gmane

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:01:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.releases

shows that the group is read-only, which means that I can't post to it from
knode and have to switch to a different client.

It is very unusual for a kde group to be read only on gmane (I know of no
other), and I suspect making the release team list read only was a mistake.

Additionally, it is unusual and pointless for kde groups to use sender email
obfustication. All email addresses can be more easily scraped from
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/. Obfusticating the email
addresses only serves to make it more difficult to contact someone, and
makes it impossible to use an email address posted in a message such as '...
just email john (john at example.com) and ask him' is changed to '... just
email john (john-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org) and ask him'.

Please also unobfusticate the email addresses.

Thanks,

Steve.