OpenAL and SndFile as hard dependency for Granatier

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:34:42 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 18 May 2011 1:17:33 pm Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> writes:
> > Urk! It appears that if you declare a REQUIRED package in a subdirectory
> > it gets propagated up to the top level and, if the package is missing,
> > the whole module fails at the CMake configuration stage, i.e. bye bye KDE
> > Games. If the package is declared as optional, then compilation can fail
> > in the subdirectory and the build of KDE Games comes to a grinding halt
> > mid way.
>
> FWIW, I ended up posting a reply to this to kde-commits and
> kde-buildsystem [1].
>
> [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-buildsystem&m=130568651001795&w=2

Thanks very much for that, Raphael.  Unfortunately, my knowledge of
CMake macros and commands is rather hazy and I did not understand
everything you wrote.  The beta tagging is close and I am in an odd
timezone (East coast of Australia), which makes communication difficult,
especially IRC.  So maybe it would be safer for me to leave things as
I last committed them, rather than get into CMake stuff that is new to me.

Maybe we can refine this during the beta phase?  Should I write to
you personally?  Or maybe we could meet on the KDE Games list?
I am sure other subdirs in KDE Games (and their authors) could benefit
from better CMake programming.

Thanks again, Ian W.