KDE 4.6.3 tarballs (try#1 part1) uploaded

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun May 8 19:36:19 CEST 2011

On 05/08/2011 02:13 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On 28 April 2011 18:23, Dirk Mueller<mueller at kde.org>  wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just finished the first set of KDE 4.6.3 tarballs. Missing are kdeedu, which
>> migrated completely into seperate modules in git and I have to reassemble it
>> again.
>>
>> I also need to figure out how to regenerate kdeplasma-addons.
>>
>> Please let me know of any issues with those tarballs.
> Seems that none of us noticed the new icons in the oxygen-icons tarball.
> Is this change intentional? I don't think new icons should be shipped
> with minor releases.
>
> Also they are inconsistent, see the KDE bug #272756.

This happens every time because oxygen-icons doesn't keep a
proper 4.6 branch. Last time it happened with the new MIME
type icons, which was also a glaring release quality issue.
It's clearly not intentional either; the artwork team was
very unhappy when the new MIMEs got into the tarball before
4.6.0.

Unless the artwork team starts using branches properly IMHO
the only solution is to keep oxygen-icons at .0 each time
and give up on point releases for it. It's not possible for
the release tagger to sort things out on an icon-by-icon
basis.

In this case I guess things would have to fall back to the
4.6.2 tarball.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein