NetworkManager 0.9; was Re: KDE 4.6.3 tarballs (try#1 part1) uploaded

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 2 13:07:58 CEST 2011

On Thursday, April 28, 2011 19:53:42 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> A real port to NetworkManager 0.9 is a major change and needs more time!

Exactly, support for NM 0.9 is not ready yet, and needs major changes and
testing. I advise *against* planning to use NM 0.9 short term, until we have
support for it working.

This is slowly being worked on, but needs more manpower and is far from ready
for prime-time yet. Basically, if you want to ship NM 0.9, you'll have to help
supporting it in the backend. kde-networkmanager at kde.org is the right list to
pitch in with help.

The delta between NM 0.8 and 0.9 is insanely big, it cuts out half of the API
and introduces a number of compatibility issues due to changed meaning of
existing API. We'll need some time to catch up.

sebas