RFC: Release Management Going Forward

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 19:52:49 CEST 2011

A Wednesday, June 22, 2011, Dirk Mueller va escriure:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2011, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Fwiw, in fedora, we hacked the 4.6.80 kde.org tarballs and build-process
> > to be as-close-to-monolithic as possible.
>
> and do you continue to do that or would you rather see KDE providing those
> monolithic tarballs?
>
> Personally, I don't see how we can continue releasing both monolithic and
> split tarballs over a longer time, mostly due to work load reasons, unless
> I find a way to script this together (which I doubt..).

What's stopping us from doing a script that does the release by just invoking
one command?

I mean, what are the issues that need to be solved? Because i think it makes
sense devoting a few engineering efforts to that (meaning I would do it myself
if issues are identified and it is promised it won't end up unused).

Albert