What to release from where?

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 19:54:16 CEST 2011

[Christoph Cullmann - Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011 19:39:19]
> On Tuesday 21 June 2011 19:33:09 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 June 2011 02:46:13 Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > because of all the trouble the moving migration caused so far,
> > > As of now, Dirk had to ask before every release, what he should release
> > > from where.
> > > I thought it might be a good idea to make things more ... written-down.
> > >
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MovetoGit/Progress
> > >
> > > I hope I got the current status correctly. If not, feel free to comment
> > > here, make changes directly or hit me on IRC (icwiener).
> > >
> > > What I am especially interested in is feedback from you, Dirk,
> > > on how helpful this might be if properly maintained.
> >
> > kate.git should be released still from SVN for kde 4.6.
> Ah, sorry :/
> Ignore me all. I meant from kdelibs/kdebase modules which were already git in
> KDE 4.6 if the page is correct, sorry for all noise :/

Ah, right. I will add a comment about the move. Kate was moved from
kdelibs and kdesdk to kdebase, right?

> The reason for no tags in kate.git is that it has no former releases, old stuff
> until 4.6.x is in other modules. Are there no KDE 4.7 tags yet?

That would lead to another question. Many repos lack recent tags.
Even two out of the three kdebase repos do not have a v4.6.4. There might be a reason for that but in any way, it's stuff for another thread. :)

Regards