KDE 4.7 beta 2 as monolitic tarballs.

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Fri Jun 10 00:21:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

I think we have to respond to the current problems with the beta 1 release. The adaption among distro's wasn't what we are used to due to our unclear message about if this layout is going to be final.

I suggest that we also add monolithic tarballs, starting from beta 2. This way we have split and combined tarballs. And I suggest that we continue to do this for the whole 4.7 cycle. And we need to discuss this again for 4.8.

The big problem here is that the release-team has no resources to generate these monolithic tarballs. If we were to decide this, we need help from the buildsystem to adapt our scripts to generate them. The question to the buildsystem guys is, if anyone wants to stand up and help with this.

Best,
--
Tom Albers
KDE