No more release schedules.

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 20:00:20 CEST 2011

On Thursday, June 09, 2011 18:46:29 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Even if this plan is vetoed away, I personally will not make a new
> > schedule, as I have no idea how to do that in the new setup and I've
> > little interest in studying the new setup.
>
> What do you mean by "in the new setup"? Do you mean git? Because AFAICS the
> schedule is VCS agnostic. Or did i miss something?

The proposed workflows are specific to Git, as in that they make use of
features git provides (easier branching, for example).

The split into separate frameworks affects release management in the following
ways:
- We can provide finer-grained packages, with less cross dependencies
- Our tools allow us to replicate the splitting just like we did before the
  git move

I don't really see a point in this proposal, but I think that's sufficiently
clear in my other email already ;)
--
sebas