Need longer freeze time before tagging

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 11:25:53 CEST 2011

Stephen Kelly wrote:

>> How much time are you suggesting?
>
> What would you think of two weeks? Or three?

Revising this idea again, can we make hard dependency freeze happen at the
same time as soft feature freeze? Currently it happens at the same time as
hard feature freeze.

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.7_Release_Schedule

The rationale is that you should only list features you want to rely on in a
dependency if the dependency is already released.

Additionally, that happens a month before tagging, which is more realistic
for dealing with breakage given summer and skiing holidays around our
typical release seasons.

How about that?

Steve.