git migration, next steps

Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma tropikhajma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:17:15 CEST 2011

Dne 3. června 2011 16:19 Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> napsal(a):
> Dirk, all,
>
> As you may or may not know kdeaccessibility and kdeutils are ready to
> migrate to git (when the freeze is over, don't worry).  And we'd like to
> know what the feeling is about the best time to migrate to minimize
> packaging/releasing stresses.  We'd also like to know what
> packagers/release-team think of the split repos already done in kde-edu,
> etc. Should we provide artificial monolithic tarballs?

Hi,
I'm porting KDE to Solaris. We often face difficulties compiling
either due to compiler (Sun Studio) or OS differences. The split will
actually make it easier to make most of KDE available in time for the
users - e.g. as of KDE 4.6 we're not delivering pim, plasma-addons and
bindings due to build issues in some parts.
I'm a bit afraid of having to resolve intercomponent dependencies if
they are not set-up properly.

best

P.