[Kde-pim] Re: KDEPIM 4.6RC2 Tarballs (try #1)

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:16:17 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vishesh Handa wrote:
>
> > I haven't tested it but AFAIK 4.6 should NOT be compatible with SDO 0.7.
> > If no one
> > objects I can backport the fix to kdelibs 4.6.
> >

> I'm confused. What patch are you referring to that could be backported to
> kdelibs? What combination do you say does not work? kdepim4.7 with
> kdelibs4.6?

I'll explain -

kdelibs contains the Nepomuk rc-gen which kdepim uses to generate C++
classes for the ontologies. The ontologies are generated by looking at the
.trig files provided by SDO. From SDO 0.7 we have updated the ontologies,
and that results in the rc-gen generating C++ classes that do not contain
certain public member functions.

I patched up the rc-gen in 4.7 so that it would generate those removed
member functions ( even though it is not correct from an ontology point of
view ). kdelibs 4.6 and lower still contain the old rc-gen which would not
generate all the member functions.

So, kdelibs 4.6 along with SDO 0.7 will not be compatible with earlier
releases of KDEPIM. The current kdepim release, rc1 I think, contains fixes
to not use those removed member functions[1], so that should be fine.

Uhm, this is kinda confusing. I think if I just backport that patch, then
all permutation combinations should work.

[1] http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101336/

Vishesh Handa